There are many exciting economic opportunities in the oceans economy for Indigenous peoples.
Marine Spatial Planning
Marine spatial planning builds on past ocean management experiences, including the development of integrated management plans. It is an important way for Indigenous groups and communities to be more involved in the management of Canada’s oceans. It is also an opportunity to ensure that the marine data and knowledge of community members and technicians are used to inform decision-making.
- Technical Capacity Assessment Report
- Discussion Paper: Assessing Indigenous Technical Capacity to Participate in Marine Spatial Planning
- Infographic: Marine Spatial Planning process
- Infographic: Technical Roles, Tools, and Training
- Video: Marine Spatial Planning
Other Oceans Management Activities