Your voice in oceans and fisheries programs
The National Indigenous Fisheries Institute is a technical organization that is promoting consistency and standards across Fisheries and Oceans Canada’s Indigenous programs.
We’re working with communities, regional organizations, and government agencies to maximize the potential of oceans and aquatic management programs and activities to benefit Indigenous Peoples and communities across Canada.
- Co-development, Co-design, and Co-delivery The collaborative approach in action – working as equal partners in the development, design, and delivery of federal programs and activities involving the lives and resources of Indigenous Peoples.
- Inclusion Our work includes you. We want to hear your ideas and opinions on the future involvement of Indigenous groups and communities in oceans management activities.
- Openness We are open to all ideas: great and small, new and old, national and regional, traditional and modern.
- Respect Inclusion and openness require respect. Disrespectful conduct will be promptly and fairly addressed.
- Clear Communications We will use plain language and visual media – and avoid overusing acronyms.